For our client, an international mid-sized Pharma Company in the midst of a successful expansion phase we are looking for a General Counsel. In this role you will be working door to door with the CEO and will be instrumental in advising Senior Management and the Board on strategic initiatives and deals. Leading the Legal and IP Department comes natural to you and your team members appreciate your previous leadership experience and open door policy.
- Leading the Legal and IP Departments and managing 5 direct reports
Providing legal support to a matrix organisation, with particular focus on key contracts, M&A and licensing activities, secure supply chain, company law and corporate governance
- Providing sound advice and leadership to effectively manage legal and compliance risk, including due diligence and mitigation efforts
Guiding the business in making strategic decisions with legal and compliance consequences
- Actively manage legal disputes and litigation, closely collaborating with outside counsel as appropriate
- Liaising regularly with the Board and Executive Committee, providing regular updates on crucial issues and dashboards on key areas of responsibility
- Member of the Management Committee, composed of most senior managers of the company, responsible for taking decisions and guiding actions to effectively run the day-to- day operations of the company
- Regular reporting to the Executive Committee
- Demonstrable experience and success (10+ years) in a mid-size (350 – 1000 employees) ideally gained in a Law Firm and a life science company
- Swiss or equivalent European law degree, LL.M. preferred
- Fluent in English and (preferably) in German
If you are ready for your next career move and work in an international, flexible and dynamic team we are looking forward to receiving your application and motivation letter. For further questions please do not hesitate to contact Bettina Egli.