Our client, a fast-growing, global publicly-traded commercial-stage oncology company, is looking for a Legal Counsel, Associate Director. This newly created role is based in the EMEA HQ in the Zurich area. You will be part of a growing legal team reporting to the company’s Lead Brand Counsel in the US.
We are looking for an open-minded and business-oriented lawyer with a positive attitude who actively contributes to developing sustainable solutions. You enjoy supporting and advising the EMEA Commercial business organization (sales, market access, medical) on their engagement with HCPs, patients, and others around the company’s products and help to set the strategy and messaging.
The position offers exciting career and development perspectives, much flexibility in working hours and workplace, and the possibility to travel up to 25% of your time, mainly within Europe.
- Marketing Materials – review product labeling/marketing materials for compliance with applicable laws and regulation
- Health Care Professional Interactions – collaborate with Compliance, Commercial, and Medical Affairs team members to create solutions for developing compliant relationships with healthcare professionals and government officials
- Market Access – provide counsel to Health Policy function on reimbursement related matters
- Regulatory and Clinical Affairs – provide counsel on European regulatory matters for medical devices
- General Contracts – prepare, negotiate and review a wide variety of commercial related contracts
- Compliance— work closely with the Compliance function and collaborate with Compliance to implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government and industry initiatives and regulations (legal/ethics requirements for medical device manufacturers, anti-bribery, anti-corruption, etc.)
- Training—providing training on a wide range of issues related to labeling and promotional content, reimbursement, best practices, etc.
- Understanding of relevant laws and regulations (e.g., MDR 2020, local promotional laws, GDPR, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, local bribery statutes, MedTech Europe and other regional codes)
- Swiss Law degree or equivalent EU Qualification
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant legal experience as a corporate/commercial attorney, preferably in a midsize to large law firm or other relevant in-house experience
- Preferably experience as legal counsel for a medical device or pharmaceutical organization, including experience with regulatory approval process, counseling active clinical/medical affairs organizations
If you are ready for your next career move and work in an international, flexible and dynamic start-up environment we are looking forward to receiving your application and motivation letter.
For further questions please do not hesitate to contact Bettina Egli.